Yes, I realize that I have been MIA for a few days. I'm back and ready to give you the latest news! Some days have not been too exciting so I didn't have much to write. Who wants to hear about me paying bills, shopping at Walmart (Sorry, S. S. Not a lot of choices!) or cleaning?? Sounds pretty boring to me! Gus and Sandy came home last night, so we were up late visiting with them. It was great to see them! I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning. OK, I know I just said I wasn't going to tell you about me cleaning, but I did MAJOR cleaning yesterday! We had our stuff EVERYWHERE!! We have been living out of suitcases and we had food piled on counters and papers piled on the tables and the counters. We had totally taken over Gus and Sandy's house and I wanted it to look like we were never there. I cleaned just about everything in every room. Jenna and AJ thought it looked good, so I guess I did OK. Thanks Mom, for the lessons! :) We moved all of our stuff to the bedroom in their lower level. Now I REALLY can't find anything! Oh well, just a few more days. We get to move into the house on Wednesday. Hopefully we will have things set up enough to sleep there.
In addition to cleaning, I did some furniture shopping yesterday too. I have been checking Craig's List - there are a lot of things posted on Craig's List! I even found job postings. Yeah, I know...Duh Lynn! Those of you familiar with Craig's List probably think I'm an idiot, but I've never really had a need to check it out before. Anyway, I found a lot of really great furniture. After I picked Jenna up from school, we stopped at this house to look at a bedroom set. It was beautiful! It's made of mahagony and bamboo. The couple is moving to Arizona and it just doesnt fit in with the decor there. But, it's perfect for the tropics! It's a 5 piece set and it will fit nicely in our bedroom. The bed is a queen and it comes with the mattress, box spring and comforter and pillows. It was priced better than anything else that we have looked at, and it was much better quality. While I was there, I looked at a dining room set made of solid oak. We could probably get by without a dining room set since we have the patio furniture, but they have it so reasonably priced that we decided to get that too. They also have this really cool couch. I'm not sure what you call it, but it's like a sectional, except that it comes apart and you can have a couch and 2 chairs if you want or you can have one big piece. It also has compartments in it that can go in between the sections. It's hard to explain, but it's pretty cool. We're thinking about getting that too. A lot, I know! But our whole house could be furnished from this one place! It will save a lot of time looking and we don't have to get up early tomorrow to try and beat the crowds! I think the people would sell us the house if we wanted to buy it! Sorry, not yet! So now we just need to line up help to move everything to our house...hopefully on Wednesday evening! I'm so anxious to get moved in! I can't wait to get everything organized. It's getting a little old living out of a suitcase. When we moved our stuff out of the upstairs of Gus and Sandy's house, we didn't have a lot of boxes so a lot of stuff is in plastic grocery bags. It's not fun at all trying to find things!!
I'm sitting at an outdoor internet cafe right now, and I have to tell you about the scenery! First of all there are pigeons everywhere. They don't bother you, they just walk around looking for food. There are also a few chickens and roosters walking around. There are vendors here with their stands of whatever they are selling. A lot of them bring their dogs with them. Most of them are on leashes, but there are a few that are running loose. This one dog that just runs crazy when he gets here (I've been here before and have seen him do it) starting chasing the roosters! The poor thing was running as fast as it could and was flapping it's wings trying to get away. The dog chased it all the way across the yard until the rooster ran under a table. It was pretty funny to watch! I wonder how many roosters the dog gets in a year?? Appearently not very many since there are chickens and roosters everywhere! Jenna was telling me the other day that there are chickens on the playground at school everyday! I just about hit a turkey with my car yesterday on my way to school. I told Jenna I would have cooked it up for supper if I would have hit it! She liked that idea! I didn't!
Well, I'm really long winded today! I've either bored you to sleep or have gotten you up to date. Either way, that's all for now. So until next time...aloha!
1 comment:
Hello from Pape's Patch. I have been trying to get this to work so I can reply - will try again - Thanks for your comments trying to help on the phone. Love, Papes
Post a Comment