Well, you know that you are out of shape when you only walk 2 days and you're stiff when you get up after being in the car for half an hour. Pathetic! I haven't even tried to run yet! Just walking up and down these hills is tiring! I don't know how those athletes can do the triathlon! They are truly amazing...obviously a gift from God! I called about being a volunteer for the Ironman and was told to sign up online. I did, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
The last couple of days haven't been too exciting. I've spent some time researching car and renters insurance. AJ is looking at buying a truck, so we've looked at a few of them. His boss will be back from vacation this week, so we will need to give the truck back. We've found a couple that he likes, so hopefully we will have something by the end of the week.
Today AJ went to Hilo, a city on the other side of the island. He had a meeting for work. Within the past 6 months or so, beekeepers have discovered mites on the bees in Honolulu (on a different island). Recently, mites were found in bee hives in Hilo. This is a big deal because before this, there have never been mites in Hawaii. Mites are a parasite-type pest that can get on the bee. It feeds on the bee and eventually it can cause the bee to die. There are treatments available to kill the mites, but the people in Hawaii are not real familar with this because they haven't had to use it before. I may not have my information exactly correct on the mites, but AJ is in bed so I can't ask him. I'll let you know if I need to correct anything. Anyway, part of the reason he was hired over here is because of his experience with working with mites. He mostly listened to what people had to say at this meeting but he also offered his opinion. I think that he will become more involved with the treatment and control of the mites if it becomes a problem on the Big Island. I think that's pretty cool! In my very biased opinion, I think he is the perfect man for the job!! :)
Ok everybody...I need your help!! I spent a little time online today looking for a webcam. I didn't realize how MANY there are to choose from!! Is anyone familar with webcams? What is a good brand? How many megapixels should I get? What specs should I be looking for? I really have no idea what I'm looking for, so if anyone has any ideas, I would be open to them! Thanks! I look forward to your opinions. Until next time...aloha!
1 comment:
This is my second try - to see if I can enter the mysterious world of blogging!!! Papes
Post a Comment