Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach
Friday, September 12, 2008
It's not that bad!
OK. I think I need to clarify a few things from last night's blog. I have recieved several responses and emails about the bugs!! Gee, nothing like scaring people away before they even get here!! All of the critters that I talked about are here and you will see them from time to time, but it's not like you're stepping on them all of the time. The ants, yes, unfortunately they are always around and you do step on them. At least I try to, just to kill a few! :) The ants are harmless, just a pain. The geckos are harmless. They're more afraid of you than anything. The rest of the bugs I talked about, you don't really see too much unless you have a lot of vegetation around, especially the spiders. We're staying at Gus's right now and he has A LOT of vegetation! He has lots of plants and flowers and fruit trees...the perfect habitat for spiders and millipeds. The house that we will be living in (the realtor called today and we were approved! More about that later.) has rocks for grass and just a few trees. I don't think we will have as many critters there as we see here. Besides when you all come and visit we won't be sitting around that much, so you probably won't even notice! One person asked if there are exterminators here. Yes, there are and some people have there houses "bombed" on a regular basis. I think that is mostly the older buildings. Our house is really nice and not that old. I hope that I have been able to calm some fears. I REALLY want you all to come and visit!! The beauty of the island totally outweighs a few bugs! OK, so on to the latest update. We were approved for the house. We decided to wait until October 1 to move in. I really want our own place, but we are living at Gus's for free and we can save half a month's rent if we stay here, so that's what we decided to do. In the mean time, we will look for furniture and have stuff ready to move in, instead of paying to live in an empty house. I went to an estate sale today, but didn't find much. We're planning to do some looking around this weekend to see what's out there. We got everything taken care of at school today and Jenna will start on Monday. That's a relief. She's ready to be in school and is excited to start. She met her classmates a few days ago and saw a few again today. She can't wait until Monday! We're planning to go to the fair this weekend. Should be fun! So, until next time...aloha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
12:54 am! Don't you need to sleep over there! Sounds like things are going well. Great to hear that you've got Jenna in a Christian school! Good to read about what's going on. It will be interesting to see how long the regular updates continue! Still praying for a church. Lorrie
Post a Comment