Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More progress

Today was a little less hectic than the past few days. AJ went to work. His day went well. He's trying to blend in and learn everyone's name. Jenna and I went to town to take care of a few things. We turned in the rental application. Hopefully we will know by the end of the week or early next if we get the house. It would be great if we did. I'm anxious to get our stuff moved and start getting things settled into our own house. I know Gus doesn't mind that we are here, but sometimes I feel like we are invading his space. Our pallets should arrive next week and I'm planning to go to an estate sale this weekend. Hopefully I can get some nice furniture for not a lot of money. We visited the Christian school again and decided to send Jenna there. They have smaller class sizes and academically they are way ahead of the public schools. They score above the national average in all subjects. Plus, she'll be getting a Christian education, so how could we go wrong with that? She won't be able to start until next week though because the state of Hawaii requires that all new students have a TB skin test done prior to starting school. The local health department only does TB skin tests on Friday, from 2-4pm. It has to be read on Monday during the same time, so it will likely be Tuesday before she can start school. It might take that long to do all of the admission requirements anyway. We have an application to fill out and she has to be tested to see where she is academically. After this, our application has to be approved by the superintendent. I don't think we will have any trouble getting accepted; I'm just getting anxious to get her in school! She's ready to be in school. She's already bored with me, unless she's at the beach! I don't have as much to babble on about tonight, so until next time...aloha!

No comments: