Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Saturday 9/6 events
It's been a busy weekend! Saturday was a beautiful, sunny day for most of the day. Jenna slept in until 5am! She's getting closer to getting over the jetlag! I slept in until about 6:30 or 7 before getting out of bed. I'm still soooo tired! We left about 9 for the beach. When we were in Hawaii in 2005, we took Jenna to a quiet beach that had a rock cove-like area out from the swimming area. It really protected the swimming area so huge waves weren't coming in to it. We have this really funny picture of her striking a pose in the water. Some of you have probably seen it as my screen saver or in a frame at the health department. Anyway, we called that her "movie-star pose," and we call the beach the "movie-star beach, or Hollywood beach." It's one of my favorite beaches in Hawaii. I'm working on someone else's computer, but when I get mine set up, I will post some pictures of this beach. There are palm trees all over and the sand is white. It's just a very beautiful place! So this is the beach we went to on Saturday. It's just as beautiful as I remember it! AJ and Jenna went swimming and I took a nap under a palm tree. I woke up and decided to check on those two, and much to my delight...I saw Jenna SNORKELING!! AJ had taught her how to snorkel in the short time that I was napping! I couldn't believe it! She was doing great! I was so proud of her. She was using my snorkel gear, but it fit her well enough that she was able to figure it out and be comfortable with it. We bought her her own snorkel gear later in the day. She's already used it three times since we bought it! That evening we went to Bob and Debi's house for dinner. Bob is the other foreman at Kona Queen. They have several dogs - labs like we have. It was nice to see familiar dogs, but it made me miss Koko'o and Ellie! Debi made leg of lamb for us. I'd never had lamb before...it was really good! Debi has lived in Hawaii most of her life, so we talked a lot about schools, houses, and churches. It was nice to talk to someone local to get a good idea about these things. Bob and Debi actually have a place available for rent that they showed us. It was nice, but it was the first place we looked at. There are hundreds of places advertised in the paper, so we will look at more places on Monday. Although the day started off beautiful, it ended up with lots of rain. I thought Kona only got 9 inches of rain a year, but I was wrong. North of Kona, in the Kohala region, they get 9 inches a year. Kona gets more than that...I'm not sure how much, but I'm told that the rainy season is almost over. Everything is very green and beautiful. Until later...aloha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment