Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Politics and Wheel of Fortune

What do politics and the Wheel of Fortune have in common? Well, nothing. But they have both been active on the Big Island. The Wheel of Fortune crew was here this week taping a week's worth of shows that will air in February. I knew they were going to be here and I was hoping to get to a taping, but I forget exactly when they were coming and when I found out, I was too late. I learned that Pat and Vanna and the crew were taping the shows on Monday and Tuesday of this week. They were at a resort just north of Kona. It was the same resort that Gus and Sandy got married at 3 years ago, and AJ, Jenna and I were here for it. It would have been cool to see the show live. Oh well! Maybe next time. As for politics, supporters have an interesting way of campaigning here in Hawaii. In the morning while people are driving to work, supporters of the candidate stand along side of the road with signs and wave at everyone passing by. It's not only in the morning, sometimes they are out there during the day and in the evening too. Jenna says she is tired of seeing those people everyday! Parent's night at her school was cancelled for tonight. One of the teacher's husband is in the hospital in Oahu, so parents night was rescheduled. I'm thinking about going to some sales tomorrow, and we are going on Saturday for sure. Please pray for success! Until next time...aloha!

No comments: