Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Football in Hawaii

We went to the Kona Baptist Church today. It's a nice church that we have gone to in the past when we've been here. We're told that more families are starting to attend, so we'll probably give it a try for a while. So far I really like it. It reminds me a bit of our church in Darlington, with really friendly people with a dedication to serve. I feel very blessed that all of our prayers for the major decisions have been answered. Now we can work on getting furniture for the house and get prepared to move. After church we went to Costco. It's a warehouse like Sam's. I was pleasantly surprised that the prices for groceries are much, much better here than in the regular grocery stores. A gallon of milk is only $4.83 for skim milk, and $5.11 for 2%. I'm not sure why there is a difference. We got home in time to see all of the highlights of the football games. Because of the time difference, the games start over here at 7am. We knew the Packers were winning before we left for church! We were able to watch "Sunday Night Football" at 2:30 this afternoon!! I told AJ it will be nice to be able to watch the whole game instead of falling asleep trying to stay up until 11pm. I'm glad to see that the Pack is 2-0. Rodgers is doing pretty good! And I'm sooooo sad that the Bears lost!!! (come from behind victory, I believe...way to go Panthers!) Anyway...tomorrow is Jenna's first day of school. She is very excited! Please pray that it goes well for her. I'll give you the scoop tomorrow night. By the way, it may look like I'm up at 12:30 or 1am writing this, but I'm not. For some reason, the time on the blog is about 3 hours ahead of me. It's usually between 9-10:30pm when I'm doing it. I do get some sleep! So until next time...aloha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun reading about your days!!! Thanks for sharing. I am pretty sure we are coming over on the Tue/Wed in Feb.....but I will let you know exact dates.

Brother Jim was in a horrible ATV accident and is currently at UW. Every bone in his face is fractured, has broken ribs and had emergency surgery Sat. morning to take out his spleen and to fix a tear in his liver. Its' been a hellish few days, I of course am teaching, and had two 10:33 calls to Madison in less than 24 hours. Going on 6 hours of sleep now since Thursday night, so I am very tired. But I am in Lancaster tonight!!

Take care, hi to all.

Anonymous said...

Yes it does appear that packers are 2-0. But the teams they beat are 0-2... hmmm... Rodgers will come back to Earth soon. I can't wait for his first mediocre to bad game and Green Bay turns on him. poor guy. My beloved bears continue to blunder, and the brewers are falling apart, but what else is new. At least UW is holding its own. Good to hear all is well. Laura is busy as always. She's not good at that slow down and relax thing. My Master's is going ok, but it seems like I never really get ahead, or even caught up for that matter. Oh well. Someday it will all pay off.
Take care.