Well, this proved to be a very successful weekend. On Saturday we went to this couple's house where I found the bedroom set and I showed AJ the rest of their furniture. We decided to buy pretty much everything they had! We bought their oak dining room set, which has a table with 2 leaves, 6 chairs and a hutch. It's very beautiful! We also got the couch that I talked about in the last post, and the entertainment center and TV. It felt kind of strange to be buying so many things at one time! But we think that we got a good deal on everything. I'm excited to get it all set up in the house. We are planning to move things Wednesday evening. I meet with the realtor on Wednesday afternoon to do the walk through. Then we will have the keys and officially have a home of our own! YEAH!! Don't get me wrong. Gus and Sandy have been terrific! But it will just be nice to have our own space and get things organized instead of the way we are currently living. Just a few more days...
Today was a pretty quiet day. We were able to see most the Packer game before we left for church. Unfortunately, they couldn't pull off the win. Oh well, there's always next time. The one bright spot of the day was that the Cowboys lost! And the Bears tried really hard to lose, but unfortunately they have a lot of luck or something. Again, there's always next ttime! We were done watching football by early evening. It's kind of nice to have the games done and still have time left in the day.
Jenna helped pick coffee yesterday. She thought that was pretty cool. AJ straped a little bucket to her waist and she went off picking like crazy! Today she helped AJ and Gus wash their work trucks. She was in her swimming suit and was in charge of the hose. As you can imagine, she was soaking wet and she loved every minute of it! Then she got to sit in the hot tub. She has it made here! She will probably really miss it when we move into our own place. We can always visit I guess. Well, that's all for now, so until next time...aloha!
3 comments:
Oh, Jenna - picking coffee - what fun - you are having a great time - wish I could be there to take pictures!! Grandma
Where was the coffee tree - on private land or in a grove?? Sounds interesting to learn about but when are you two going to start drinking it?? Papes
You should try the local coffee, I remember the hawaiin coffee as being soooo good!!!!
Post a Comment