Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Monday, September 8, 2008

Busy busy day!!

Before I tell you about our day today, I have to fill you in on a few things that I forgot to tell you about on Saturday. Those of you who know Jenna well will appreciate this. Before we got to the beach that we call the "Movie-star beach" we ended up at a different beach. Because of the construction of new villas, we took a wrong turn and ended up at a different beach. We turned around and eventually found the beach we were looking for. When we arrived, Jenna said "THIS is the beach that we all know and love!" She's only been there twice before and that was 3 years ago, but I guess she really loves that beach! Before we left the house to go to the beach, AJ and Jenna were bagging up coffee beans that grew in Gus's backyard. It's quite a process, but very interesting. When I figure out how to attach pictures, I'll explain it all to you. The other thing that I forgot to tell you about Saturday is that on the way to look at Bob's house for rent Jenna lost another tooth! She had just finished telling me that she thought it would come out in the next day or two, when all of the sudden it was in her hand! You can imagine how excited she was! It's all she could talk about the whole time we looked at the house! She's hoping the tooth fairy comes to Hawaii. AJ thought she should keep her teeth and make a necklace out of them - you know, instead of with shark's teeth like they do here. Yeah, I'm trying to downplay that idea! Anyway, that sums up Saturday. Today we left the house about 8:30. We talked to people at 4 schools, looked at 5 houses/condos, and test drove 2 vehicles. It was so much information! I've had a headache most of the day!! In fact, I was sick to my stomach for part of the day. I thought maybe I had food poisoning after we ate at this Mexican restaurant. It was expensive and the food wasn't that good! I got over it eventually. It's hard to choose a school when we don't know where we will be living. The public schools need to know where you are living in order to begin any sort of enrollment. We visited a charter school, which was nice, but it just didn't feel right. We went to a Christian school, which I really liked. Of course the tuition is higher there, but I think it will be worth it. We also visited a private school, which was quite impressive, but was way out of our price range! We have one more school to visit tomorrow. We toured 2 condos. I thought that this would be a good option because it's cheaper than renting a house, but we weren't real impressed with what we saw. We toured 1 house which was really nice and has potential, and we peeked in the windows of 2 other houses, one of which looked really, really nice. We are going to meet the realtor tomorrow to take a look inside. I test drove 2 cars. I liked the Corolla, but we will look at more tomorrow. It's so overwhelming to be doing all this at the same time! I know that everything will work out, but it's hard to think about all of these things at the same time!! Well, I'm tired. We were gone for 10 hours today!! So until next time...aloha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn! It is so nice to be able to "check up" on your adventure. You sound very busy. Keep up the blogging. Have fun & stay safe. Aloha

Papes Patch said...

Hi to all - so glad all is going well! Good luck on the home and school - sun here today after a 'cool' morning! What an adventure! Hugs from Papes Patch

Anonymous said...

Lynn,

I love the blog. You and A.J. will make the right decisions. It is a lot to do all at once, but God will be in all of it. Keep praying! How is the huli huli chicken?

Julie