Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Monday, September 15, 2008

1st Day of School

"I LOVE SCHOOL MOM! I want to go here forever!" Those were Jenna's first words to me when I picked her up after school today. She loves it! She said all of the kids were very nice and everyone wanted to show her where to put her stuff and be in her group. She has 15 kids in her class - 4 boys and 11 girls. The teacher is very nice. She has been teaching a long time and I'm told she is very good. And from what I observed, she is. Jenna says she is better than good, she's "Awesome!" I was a little surprised at the amount of homework that she had tonight. I don't know what other 2nd grade classes have for homework, but it seemed like a lot to me. She had to read from her book, write a sentence about the story she read, write long vowel words, and write each spelling word twice. She hasn't had to do anything for so long, it was hard to get her to sit still to read. Once she got going, she did fine. It will just take some time to get into a routine again. Her school day runs from 8:15-2:30. On Wednesdays she gets out at 1:30. It's a Hawaii thing; all schools get out an hour early on Wednesday. I'm not sure why. AJ says maybe they play football and don't have lights. Oh wait! That's only in Darlington! :) I met with the realtor and signed the contract. We plan to move in on October 1. We could move in now if we want, but we decided to wait until we have some furniture. We can save a little money this way too. I plan to look for furniture tomorrow. Hopefully I find something! I need to go check out the yellow pages, so until next time...aloha!

1 comment:

Judi in WI said...

I'm glad she likes school.....that will make things much easier.