Hello! I finally have a few minutes to sit down and write something! We moved into our house on Wednesday, Oct. 1. I moved everything from Gus and Sandy house while AJ was at work. I was driving AJ's truck and I had it packed full to the top! He got this soft cover, like a topper, with his truck and I had stuff piled to the top of that. His truck has an extended cab and I had that full and the passengers seat full! I'm not sure how we accumulated so much in three weeks, but somehow we did! Most of it was suitcases. I also had 4 patio chairs in the truck Sandy and I had to work pretty hard to get them in, but we did it! I met with the realtor in the afternoon to go over the final paperwork and we were offically in the house! We were so excited! I emptied the truck so Jenna would have a place to sit when I picked her up from school. Then she and I went to Walmart to pick up a few things. When AJ got off work, he meet me at the house to unload the mattress. 4 guys from our church came over and AJ and they went and picked up the furniture from the people we bought everthing from. When they got back there were 2 people from AJs work that helped unload it all and carry it into the house. We had it all done in less than 2 hours. It was great! We worked those guys pretty hard. The only way to get into our house is to go up a long flight of stairs. So everything they carried, they had to go up the stairs. I felt bad for them, but I fed them pizza, pop and water. Hopefully that made up for something!
The day before we moved, I called and had the electricity and water switched to our name. I also tried to have the cable and internet set up. Things work pretty slow over here, but I didn't realize just HOW slow it is! The cable comapny can't send someone over to hook up the cable and internet until Oct 24!! I couldn't believe it! If I had known that I would have called 3 weeks ago! So, I may only be writing about everyother day. I will try to do it more often, but I'll see how it goes. Things should settle down now that we are mostly moved it to the house.
This morning I went to garage sales to see if I could find Jenna a dresser and a few other household items. I wanted to get things like an iron, vaccum cleaner and lamps without having to buy all new. I did quite well! I found a lot of stuff at the first place I went and things were being sold pretty cheap. I even bought a coffee maker for when we have visitors. AJ and I don't drink coffee, but we wanted to have some available for those of you who do. I'm told the pure Kona coffee is good, but pretty strong. The guy that helps Gus with his coffee grove gave us some, so it's ready and waiting for you to come and visit! I have to tell you about my crazy morning. I had been our garage-saleing (sp?) since about 6:45am. I was trying to find a dresser for Jenna so I kept stopping at everyone I came to. I started about 45 minutes away from our house and ended up about 10 minutes from our house (Thank God!) At the last house that I stopped at I found a 2 lamps, one for Jenna's room and one for the guest room. I'm not sure what I did, but when I was putting them into the trunk somehow I dropped my keys into the trunk without realizing it and, yes, you guessed it! I shut the door and locked my keys in the trunk! I thought that I had unlocked the car so I was going to pop the trunk from inside the car, but no, that was locked too! So I had to call AJ to come and get me. I just had a spare key made, but with the move from Gus's, I had no idea where it was. So after AJ picked me up we went home so I could look for the key. Fortunately, I found it quickly, so back we went to get my car. But, the key would only open the door of the car and not the trunk. The lever to open the trunk would not work either! I couldn't believe it! So I called a lock smith, but he wasn't going to be available until 5pm. It was about noon at this time. He suggested that I go to the Toyota dealer have have a master key made. The other key that I had was appearently just a vallet key, so it will only open the doors. Anyway, he made me a key, but said that it looked like it was the same one that I had and he wasn't sure that it would work. We thought we would try it, but figured we would probably have to call a lock smith to open it. We tried the day and it wouldn't open the trunk either, but it did make a sound like it was turning something inside. We tried the latch inside the car and it worked! Yippee!! I was so happy! This whole process took about 2 hours!! Not exactly how I planned for my day to turn out, but oh well. It worked out in the end. I took a chance and stopped at one more sale on my way home and I found a dresser for Jenna! I didn't lock the door this time! :)
Well, I have more that I could say, but it's getting pretty long and I have been gone from the house for a while, so until next time...aloha!
4 comments:
What a busy time!!! so glad you had help from church with the move - You must be looking pretty good at the house. Dave will appreciate the coffee when we come over. So glad the key incident came out OK! First frost last night but not too hard - took the tomatoes and peppers - things like that. Love, Papes
Aloha! Thank you for sharing your adventures with us all Lynn. I have finally caught up reading each day. :-) I will ask Chris about the webcam as we have two of them! I'm so happy to hear everything has worked out so well. This blog is wonderful - it keeps us so much more connected! We've been busy doing typical fall activities in WI - went to an apple orchard and a pumpkin patch with the kids. I love this time of year although the beaches sound pretty wonderful! Take care, Brenda
Okay, so now I know how to reply! Thanks for helping me into the 20th century.
Things are busy here at LCHD. The first flu clinic of the season was officially last Wed. Oct. 1. Even though the air is crisp and cool, and the leaves are changing and so pretty, you can tell there is a change in the air.
Went to the Cuba City vs. Redbirds game Fri. Oct. 3. It was a good game, but the Birds beat the Cubans! Football Fridays are fun!
Busy going to weddings the next few weekends.
Well, just a quick hello to let you know you are missed here at LCHD. Take care and I'll keep in touch!
Mary Jo
Aloha! Lynn I love reading all of your adventures. Sounds like you have a really nice house, and you are so right, we don't really need all that much stuff to be happy.
Jenna sounds so grown up, can't believe she is 7 already. Can't wait for some pictures. Leaves are getting pretty here and the weather has been really nice.
Keep us posted
Take Care
Carolynn
Post a Comment