Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jenna's turn

Hello! I'm sorry again that it has been a few days since I've written. It's so hard to not have the internet available whenever I want! It is sometimes a challenge to get to the internet cafe to write something. I called again yesterday about having them come sooner to get everything hooked up, but unfortunately they can't. How did we ever survive before the internet??!?!

I guess not having TV or internet is not all bad...I have been "fortunate" enough to miss out on the Packers getting beat. We get the newspaper occasionally, but for some reason, they don't talk much about the Packers! Hard to believe, I know!! Oh well, the season is young. You never know what might happen.

Jenna has been asking me to write about a few things for her, so I hope I remember everything. When we were still staying at Gus and Sandy's house, we saw a preying mantis on the steps one day. It was pretty cool to see. Jenna said that it looked like it was praying and that's why they call it a "praying" mantis! I thought that was pretty cute. That same day when we were driving to school, we had a gecko on the windshield of my car. It ran to the top of the car, so I don't know what happened to it, but we had a lot of fun pretending to be the gecko...saying what we thought if would say, telling it to hang on, etc...

At our house we have porch covered with a tarp like material that sometimes catches rain. The birds like to walk on this tarp and take a "bath" in the pools of water that collect on it. It's pretty funny to watch the birds walk on it and flap their wings and flutter about in the water. All you can see when they walk is their feet...it's like a perfect impression of a bird footprint above you. They fan our their tails and flap them into the water. It's hard to explain, but when you come to visit, we'll show you!

We also saw a cat walking around in the neighbor's yard. The next time we looked, which was only a minute or less, the cat was on top of the house, walking along the very top of the house! Jenna thought that was so cool! We haven't seen it do that since.

This Saturday is the Ironman Triathlon. AJ, Jenna and I are volunteering at one of the aide stations to hand out water and food. I am really looking forward to it! I think it will be really cool to see all of the athletes and everything that happens at a competition like this. I'll keep you posted. Well, that all for today. I have to go get Jenna from school. By the way, she still loves school and is doing great! She said her favorite thing about school is that she gets to pray during the day! How cool is that?! It doesn't get any better than that! Praise God!! Until next time...aloha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see the new world through your eyes and the eyes of a child!! sometimes - you might have missed a really great experience. And we also are glad Jenna likes to pray at school. Is it a set prayer or can they add things? Keep on sending the news - love to read it - Hugs, from the Papes