Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Monday, October 27, 2008

Gone too long!

Hello! I'm sorry for the delay in posting a blog. To be very honest, I have been lazy and have not felt like doing it! But since it has been a few days, I will probably have more to say!

Of course, the most exciting news to report since I last posted is that we now have internet, TV and local phone service at our HOUSE!! Yeah!! We were quite excited for that to happen. Unfortunately, the Packers had a bye so I didn't get to see them play, but oh well. There's always next week! I will miss my little gecko friend at the marketplace, but I guess I can go and visit him when I want. I took some pictures of him drinking water off of my water bottle. He was licking the condensation from the outside of my bottle! It was pretty cool to see! I tried to get a few pictures of him peering over the top of the laptop, but of course he wouldn't stay still long enough! Camera shy, I guess! I mentioned in my last blog that I was going to post pictures of the chameleon too, but he wasn't at church this week, so guess I'll try next time.

We have had a few nights of rain here lately. The rain brings out the slugs and the snails. We had a really big snail slowly making it's way across our driveway on Saturday. Jenna and I watched it for quite a while. You could see it move, even though it took forever! It was eating grass...you could actually see the grass moving while it was eating it! We took some pictures of it that I posted. Hope you find it as interesting as Jenna and I did!

Jenna's project is almost finished. We have just a few things left to glue in place. We were going to put a roof on her kitchen and make a door to look through, like a diorama, but we decided that it would be too hard to see everything. And I personally think that things look so cute that we want to make sure that peoeple can see everything clearly! I am working on a "town." I am making 3 stores out of cardboard that are supposed to represent what sort of businesses were around during colonial days. I have put my project off until this past weekend and it needs to be set up on Wednesday afternoon, so I am sure that mine will not be as cute as Jenna's! She and I painted the walls of the stores on Sunday, which she loved because she got to get all covered in paint AND she got to play in the water!! So much fun!

AJ did not get to go deep sea fishing. The person he was going to go with was not able to borrow the boat from his friend. He will have other opportunities, so he was OK with it. Instead, he built a headboard for Jenna's bed. We are going to cover it with fabric and stuff it with that fluffy filling you put in pillows. She's looking forward to that. AJ also built racks to hold our bikes, and he put together the grill that we bought. We have been looking at grills and they were on clearance at Lowe's so we decided to get one. When AJ first starting looking at grills about a month ago, he came home and said that it was very strange to seek lawn mowers and Christmas trees out at the same time!!

I got a letter from the state Board of Nursing saying that I could practice in the state of Hawaii. I haven't recieved my actual license yet, but this will suffice until it arrives. I'm working on updating my resume, even though there aren't too many jobs out there right now. It might be too late to get the job for working at flu clinics, but I am still going to send my resume and see what happens.

I'm going into Jenna's classroom this afternoon to make marbles out of clay. As you know, her class has been learning about colonial days. They talked a little about the toys that the children of that day played with and how most of the toys were made by hand because they didn't have toy stores to go to. Last week I went in and taught the kids how to make dolls out of spoons and fabric, today I am making the marbles and on Wednesday I am going in to help the teacher show the kids how to make butter. I think it will be a lot of fun. I really enjoy working in the classroom and getting to know the kids in her class. I'll let you know how it goes. I better get working on my town, so until next time...aloha!

No comments: