Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just another day

I know that I have pretty boring lately, but there is really nothing exciting going on! I still have nothing of any significance to report. Jenna has been busy working on her Colonial Day project. Her focus is food and clothing of the colonists. She has been making pumpkins, apples, corn and Johnny cakes (like pancakes or corn bread) out of clay. She is very grateful to her friend Ellie P. for showing her how to make things out of clay. She made a really cute pig. It has a little snout, and the legs are very realistic. I'll attempt to take a picure of it and it I'll post it if it turns out. We made a fireplace and a table with popsicle sticks. I didn't want to attempt to make people, especially with my artisic abilities. We just found pictures of people in colonial day clothes and cut them out. We glued sticks to the back of them so they will stand up. I think it will turn our pretty cute. I'm excited to see the final product!

AJ is hoping to go fishing on Saturday. He went one other time when he was working over here and caught a pretty big one. He's hoping to get something even bigger this time! I hope he does too...we'll have fresh fish to eat!! Yum!

We get internet, TV, and phone hooked up Friday morning. I can't wait! It will be so great to just get on the internet whenever I want instead of trying to remember everything I want to look up or check out when I get here. We will be getting a local phone number so I will let you know what it is. You can still call us on our cell phones if you want. I know nothing else today. So, until next time...aloha!

1 comment:

talaria said...

WOW! sucks to be you looking at that sunset from your house!! WOW!! You deserve it!! You had the guts to pack it all up and move far away....sit and soak it up!! I'll pray for AJ to catch the BIG ONE of the SEA! Tell Jenna I want to see a pict of her colonial village scene. When I come ot Hawaii I request she teach me how to make clay creations. email about Dick's passing today, I was awake intermittently last night and just knew he was gone. Do you want to share a funeral bouquet with us? love dee