It seems early, but Daylight Savings Time is upon us again. That means it is a FIVE hour time difference from the midwest now! It might make it a bit more complicated to call each other, but it will work out. I guess we'll have to be more aware of the time.
The weather here has been really rainy lately. We've had rain for several days in a row and the forcast is for 3 more days for sure. The average rainfall for Kona in the month of March is 1-1/2 inches and we have easily reached that already! The one nice thing about rain on a Sunday afternoon is that is makes good napping weather! I fell asleep this afternoon and AJ, Jenna and some friends of ours went to the beach to go body surfing - in the rain! I woke up and the house was totally silent. All I could hear was the soft hush of rain hitting the covering over our lanai. It was so relaxing! I think God sends rain on Sundays so we can rest and observe the Sabbath! I certainly did my best today! I slept for 2 hours...it was great!
It's been raining so much in Hilo (the opposite side of the Island from us) that they have had mud slides and road closings! AJ said they got 7-1/2 inches of rain in one day this past week. There is a ton of new snow on the mountain. AJ and some friends were going to go to the summit today to see the observatories and play in the snow, but the road to the summit was closed due to snow and ice! The ranger said it will probably be closed tomorrow too! That's so weird to think of in Hawaii!!
I'm still trying to get Jenna's presentation to upload to my blog, but unfortunately I'm afraid that I will not be able to get it to work. I'm so bummed because she did such a great job and I wanted to share it with you! I will keep trying. So, until next time...aloha!
No comments:
Post a Comment