Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wow! Where does the time go?? I have so much to catch you up on! I don't think I am going to do it all tonight. I'm going to try and do a series of updates...we'll see how well that goes!

Jenna finished school on June 5. I was able to attend their "promotion ceremony" where each class sang a song and the teachers presented each student with an award. Jenna's award was for "Outstanding joyfulness and gentleness." Pretty fitting, I think! She's glad to be done, but she will miss her friends. We have a couple of high school girls lined up to watch her over the summer. One of them drives, so she will take Jenna to the beach, the library, swimming lessons, etc. The other girl doesn't drive, but she has 3 sisters that Jenna will be playing with, so I don't think she'll suffer too much!

Work for AJ continues to be busy, although he probably won't be working Saturdays anymore for a while! WooHoo!! Jenna and I are glad about that! We are going to try and do more things together through the summer. We went to the movie, "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian" this weekend. It was OK; not as good as the first one. AJ is thinking about getting back into canoeing. He has been looking at canoes, trying to decide if he wants to buy one or not. His time is so limited that training would be difficult, so who knows what he will decide!

I continue to be very busy with work too. It seems like someone is always gone, so I am always covering someone's patients! My one co-worker is back, but another one will be gone for 3 weeks! Thankfully, I only have 2 extra patients this time, instead of four. I'm still getting more hours than what I was hired for, but I really can't complain. There aren't many nursing jobs available here right now!

We have more friends coming to visit this week. AJ's aunt and her friend arrive on Tuesday and leave on Saturday. A short stay, but it will be nice to see them. A good excuse to go to the beach, snoreling and kayaking!! It's a rough job, but somebody's got to do it!

Well, that's all for tonight. I have several other things to say, but I'm tired, so it will have to wait. I really hope that I can post again in a few days...we'll see what happens. Until next time...aloha!

No comments: