Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Whales in May??

Aloha! I was sitting in a staff meeting today when one of my co-workers said, "I just saw a whale!" It's very unusual to see the whales this time of year. They are usually back in Alaska by now. They are only in the Islands from Nov-March. We sat and watched the whales for several minutes. There was a mother humpback and her baby. It was so cool! It was like the mother was teaching the baby how to come up for air or breach. We would see the mother stick her head out of the water, then the baby would do it. The mother would slap her pectoral fin on the water, then the baby would do it. The mother did a full breach, but the baby didn't follow the Momma's lead. It was so cool to see them playing in the water! What a treat!

I have to send belated Happy Anniversary wishes to AJ's mother Karen and her husband Dave. Their anniversary was Monday. They celebrated 18 years--congratulations!! I also have to say Happy Belated Anniversary to my brother Al and his wife Laura! Their anniversary was yesterday--2 years already!! Where does the time go?? I can't believe it's been two years already! Jenna was just talking today about being a flowergirl "three times" she was telling her friend. What great memories we have of all those weddings!

Not much else new, so until next time...aloha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful you were able to capture the oment of the whales!!! From the marsh