Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommy's out there reading this! What a selfless, challenging and rewarding job we have been blessed with!! It was a nice relaxing day at our house. AJ had to work for a few hours this morning while Jenna and I went to church. After lunch Jenna and I did a little shopping. We were thinking about going to the beach, but ended up going for a bike ride on a trail near our house. It was great to get some exercise.
I had the brilliant idea of having crab legs for dinner tonight. We haven't had crab legs in a long time and they were on sale at the grocery store, so I thought we would splurge and have a nice dinner for Mother's Day. Well, as great as the idea was, I didn't think the whole idea through too thoroughly!! I started unwrapping the packages and I suddenly realized that I didn't know for sure how to make them! AJ wasn't sure either. I figured I just needed to boil them for a while, so that's what I did. They looked great! Then AJ asked me how we were going to crack them open...oh yeah...I didn't think of that either!! So my resourceful husband went to the garage to get a pliers! I wasn't too sure I wanted to use pliers on my crab legs, but what choice did I have?! I managed to open most of them with my hands and a fork, but I ended up cutting by thumb twice! I finally gave in and used the pliers for a few of them. They were soooo good!! It's been so long since we have had crab legs...even using a pliers didn't dampen the enjoyment of eating them!
We didn't make it to the library to get Jenna's picture, but hopefully sometime this week we can. I found out on Friday that one of my co-workers is taking the next three weeks off for personal reasons, so I will be covering 4 of her patients. So much for getting a break!! Oh well, I don't think it will be quite as stressful as the last time. Not too much more to report, so until next time...aloha!
1 comment:
Yes, pliers work - great idea and good dinner - OK!!! Love to read of your adventures in life!! From the marsh.
Post a Comment