Yes, it's shocking I know! It has only been 3 days since my last post and I'm doing it again!! I wanted to give you a few updates before our company arrives because I think I will have a lot to write about after they leave.
I have tried several times to get the videos of Jenna on my blog. I can't get the camcorder to put it on my computer, but I full expected that. I tried to put it on a DVD and then onto my computer, but I can't get that to work either! I'm a bit technologically challenged, so I'm sure it's possible; I just don't have the brain power to figure it out! If there is anyone out there that can help me, I would really appreciate it! I'm planning to bring the video home at Christmas, so those of you that I will be seeing will be able to see it if you are interested.
I did manage to get the webcam hooked up! It helps when you put the CD in and it tells you exactly what to do, or even better yet, it just does it all by its self!! I haven't tried it with anyone yet, but maybe sometime next week. I can't wait to see how it works!
I went into Jenna's classroom again today. We made homemade cards using stencils. It was fun. The kids made Christmas cards and birthday cards. Next week we are going to make Christmas tree ornaments and angels out of pinecones. It should be fun!
I was at Walmart the other day and I saw the strangest thing. I saw a Menonite family...not that Menonites are strange, but that I saw them in Hawaii! I guess in all the times I have been here, I have never seen them. Not that they can't choose to live in Hawaii, just like anyone else, it just seemed odd or out of place to me. Anyway...
Tomorrow night is AJ's work Christmas party. They are having a traditional Hawaiian meal with lou lous and a bunch of other stuff. If you remember reading way back in September, a lou lou(rhymes with cow) has pork, chicken or corned beef, seasoned with spiced salt and is wrapped in taro leaves, which are then wrapped in either tea or banana leaves. They are placed in a steamer and steamed all day. To eat it, you take off the tea leaves and eat the rest. Jenna really liked them the first time we had them, so she is excited to have them again.
Rick and Deena (AJ's sister from Seattle) are coming in tomorrow. We are excited to have them visit us! They will be going to the Christmas party with us, so I hope they like the lou lous! We have a busy weekend planned with them. I'm really looking forward to it! I'll write more later, so until then...aloha!
1 comment:
Thanks so much for your blog! Gota say you are really missing out by not being in Wisconsin though. Your missing the minus 2 we had yesterday, the 35 mph winds, and of course don't forget the half inch of ice and 6 to 10 inches of snow they say we're going to get tomorrow! Now don't you miss all that?
So good to see your pictures and please keep posting so we can enjoy.
Mark & Annie Ranum
Post a Comment