Well, I can't believe that another week has gone by! Time goes so fast!! Time is confusing enough for me right now without it going so fast!! It's so hard for us to really know what time of year it is since we haven't experienced the seasons changing this year! I can't bellieve that it is the 10th of November already! Oh well! I guess there is nothing I can do about it!
In case you are wondering about my title today, allow me to explain. A few nights ago we were sitting on the lanai (deck, for those of you who don't remember) eating dinner. We were watching a little baby, brown gecko crawling across the rafters. It was small, maybe an inch or an inch and a half. We also saw a larger green gecko on the rafters. All of the sudden the baby gecko stopped moving. The green gecko was only a few inches away from it. He stopped moving too and just stared at the baby gecko. Then, in the blink of an eye, the green gecko snapped up the baby gecko in its mouth!! I couldn't believe it!!! I said (rather loudly) "He just ate it!" AJ said "Yes, and now all the neighbors know too." We have been told that the green geckos are agressive toward the brown ones, but I thought they just meant they chased them or something. I never would have guessed that they ATE them for dinner!! It makes me look at my little gecko friend from the marketplace a little differently! Poor little thing. Jenna is now on a mission to scare away the green geckos whenever a brown gecko is around!
I forgot to tell you that I saw the first whale of the season last weekend! When we went to the "Movie-star beach," I was standing in the water watching Jenna try and "surf" on her boogie board, I saw a humpback whale breech!! A breech is when the whale jumps out of the water and lands on its back and makes a huge splash. It was so cool to see. This one was completely out of the water! The humpback whales come down from Alaska from about November-March to mate and have their babies. It was November 1 when I saw it, so I guess they are right on time! Those of you coming to visit this winter will likely see whales too!
We had parent-teacher conferences for Jenna last week. She did very well. The curriculum is a little harder this year, so she has had to work a little harder than usual. She got all A's!! She got a ribbon for getting on the "Superior Honor Roll." There are a few areas that she needs to work on, but overall, she is doing great! We are very proud of her. She doesn't have school tomorrow for Veteran's Day. She is starting a unit on Indians. I am planning to go in again and show the kids how to make Indian headbands and necklaces. It should be fun. I really enjoy doing that.
Things are still going good for AJ. He enjoys his work and based on what he tells me about some of the other guys that thought they deserved his job, he was definately the best choice! Some days are rather challenging, but overall, he likes it a lot! That's it for today, so until next time...aloha!
1 comment:
So glad everyone is doing well- so great to see that whale. Miss you much!! Papes
Post a Comment