Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2 months already!

I can't believe that it has been two months since we got on that plane and started this adventure! It actually seems like we have been here a lot longer than that. Things have gone so well with getting everything together and getting settled in; it just feels like we've always been here. I feel very blessed that we had the opportunity to come over here so many times in the past. It has really made the transition easy and made this feel like "home" very quickly. Of course we still miss everyone in Wisconsin, but we plan to be home for Christmas and we hope to have visitors here on a regular basis! (hint, hint!)

Jenna didn't have school today due to the election. She painted the head board that AJ made for her bed. We plan to cover it with fabric and stuff it with fluff. I'll post some pictures of it when we get it done. I've posted some more pictures of Jenna and her friends from school. Some of the pictures are from Colonial Day and one is from halloween. As for the election, no matter the outcome, it is an historic event. I pray that the new president will lead this county with honesty and integrity. He will have a big job ahead of him!!

In Hawaii the elected positions are a little different than on the mainland. Each island is a county, so there are 4 counties in the state of Hawaii (some of the islands have one elected official for 2 or 3 islands). Each island has a mayor. There is not a mayor for each town or city...the mayor is the mayor for the entire county! That is a little odd to me, but that's how it works over here. The towns have city councils that help make decisions, but there aren't near as many elected officials as most other states. You may not care to know any of this, but I thought it was kind of interesting...

That's all I know today, so until next time...aloha!

No comments: