Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Well, here I go again. It has been almost a month since I posted a message! I cannot believe how fast time goes!! Where did the month of June go?? I can't believe the 4th of July has come and gone already!! The 4th of July was our ten month "anniversary." It's been 10 months since we moved! Can you believe it??!! Again, I say, I cannot believe how fast time goes! It was one year ago on July 1 that Gus called AJ and offered him a full-time job. I remember sitting on the front porch of our house on July 4th talking to my sister about the offer and getting her advice on whether we should move or not. It feels like we had that conversation yesterday...AGAIN I say, I cannot believe how fast time goes!!!

We love it here and feel like God has really blessed us with this move. We have settled in and are enjoying all that the Islands have to offer. For the 4th of July, Jenna and I were in the parade. We helped decorate the Hospice van, walked in the parade and handed out candy. It was hot! but fun!! We actually left the parade early because we were going on a dinner cruise after the parade. We got on the boat at 6:30pm. We had a great dinner and there was a band and hula dancer. After dinner, we watched the fireworks from the boat. The fireworks were pretty good, but really short!! The fireworks for Canoe Fest are actually A LOT better!! We were surprised at how quickly they were over. We both said, "they can't be done." But...they were! We enjoyed it, but not sure we will spend the money to do it again. There were several people that I work with on the cruise too, so it was nice to get to know them better outside of work.

We have plans almost every weekend for the rest of July! That will really make the month go fast! Next weekend we are going to a "fancy-schmancy" hotel for a "manager's weekend" for Kona Queen. We will be staying at this remote, super fancy room on the beach at a really, really nice resort north of Kona. Gus treats his managers to a special get away each summer and he chose this fancy resort this year. It's something we would probably never spend the money on ourselves, so it will be fun to experience!

The following weekend is Camp Erin. Camp Erin is a grief camp for kids that have lost a loved one. The kids participate in all kinds of activities that help them deal with their grief and it allows them to be around other kids that have experienced the same thing. I'm going to be a camp counselor or "Cabin Big Buddy" as it is known. I will be at the camp from Friday until Sunday. AJ is coming up on Saturday to help with the archery activity. Jenna is allowed to come on Saturday too. She is going to help set up the obstacle course and games. I'm really looking forward to it. I think it will be a lot of fun and a great experience too!

The last weekend, we are flying to Maui for 4 days to check out the sights over there. We're not really sure what we are going to do, but the plans are in the works!

We had visitors in early June and are looking forward to our next visitors in August! I still have so much that I haven't told you. One of these days I am going to write a really long entry, just to fill you in! But...not tonight! It's late and I want to go to bed. So until next time...aloha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear what you all are doing. And to see the pictures. I thank you for the accounts no matter how often they come. Keep on having a ball - we saw a special on Alaska and Hawaii on the Travel channel and felt we are so lucky to visit both places. From the Papes

Anonymous said...

Lynn, I still can't believe you are actually living in Hawaii.....wow.

Judi

Heinberg said...

Lucy sure misses Jenna! She talks about her alot!!!! Sure is nice to keep up with your escapades!

Lucy and Mary