Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jenna's Birthday

January 6 was Jenna’s 9th birthday. It’s so hard to believe that she is that old already! Where does the time go?? We let her have a birthday party with her classmates…thankfully she has a small class!! We had 13 kids there and it went really well. We held it at a park not far from our house. The best thing about that is that I didn’t have to entertain the kids! This park is awesome and has tons of things for the kids to do. I had a hard time getting them to come back for cake and ice cream! Jenna wanted a Hello Kitty themed party, so I asked a friend of mine to make her a Hello Kitty cake. It turned out sooo cute!! I provided a few snacks, the cake and ice cream, and that was it! The park provided the rest of the fun! It was great and Jenna had a lot of fun. AJ and I bought her a stand up paddle board for her birthday. Stand up paddle boarding is just like it sounds. You stand up on a board and paddle. It takes a lot of balance and core strength, which I don’t have much of! We tried it before Christmas and thought it was a lot of fun. Jenna was a natural! AJ tipped over a few times, but he was being a lot more daring than me! I was just glad that I could stand on it and not fall over! The water has been pretty rough since we got it, so Jenna has only had it out once since we got it, but I’m sure we’ll get out there more. That's all for now. Until next time...aloha!

No comments: