How is the weather on the Mainland? We are in the middle of a drought here. Winter is typically dry, but we are VERY dry! People that have lived here for a long time say this is the driest it has been in a very long time. In late December and early January we had REALLY nasty weather! We were on the Mainland so we missed most of it. We were told that there was thunder and lightening. Out in the ocean, near the airport, there were 2 water spouts spotted. Apparently, water spouts are like tornadoes, only made of water. I wish I could have seen that! That would have been scary, but cool to see!! The thought is that the lightening started fires up the mountain from us. The fires burned for several weeks. There were 2 fires--one north of us and one south of us. The smoke was so bad, you could smell it almost everyday. It was really hard on people that have respiratory problems. Most of my patients were affected in some degree. Thankfully, they are pretty much out now. But, since it is so dry, I imagine they could start again!
AJ has begun his busy season. He works 10-12 hours a day now and most all day on Saturday. It not fun having him gone so long, but we know it's only for a few weeks. Work for me is getting better. My hours have been a little more manageable. That really helps with the stress. Jenna continues to do well in school. She just got her report card and we are very proud to say that she made the honor roll!
I still need to tell you about Jenna's birthday party, and I am almost finished writing up a "2009 year in review." I hope to get them both posted this next week. We have friends coming to visit starting on Friday, and we will have people here off and on for the next 3 weeks. I can't wait! It's so fun having visitors!!
I need to run now. AJ, Jenna and I are leaving to go to a movie...Alvin and the Chipmunks, I think. AJ and I are REALLY excited about that!! I hope it's good! I hope to be back very soon. Until next time...aloha!
1 comment:
WOW!! WOW!! Alvin !! but great family time! Good to hear the latest news! From the marsh
Post a Comment