Hawaiian Sunset at Hapuna Beach

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Birthday/Anniversary weekend

Well, we made it through a busy, but wonderful weekend! As most of you know, my birthday was Sunday, the 15th, and our anniversary was Monday, the 16th. We started celebrating our anniversary LAST weekend! Jenna was invited to a birthday party, so AJ and I decided to go out for dinner. It was the first time since Valentine’s Day that he and I had gone out to eat by ourselves! We went to this small bar/diner near the ocean. It was very nice and the food was great! Jenna was invited to a birthday party again this past Friday, so we went out for dinner again. It was great! I love it when I don’t have to cook! We went to Ruth’s Chris Steak House, which is similar to Morton’s Steak House, if any of you are familiar with that. It’s a restaurant where you order the entrĂ©e, potato, vegetable, etc all separate. It can be quite expensive! When I made the reservation, they asked if it was an anniversary or birthday. I told them it was our anniversary, and then after I hung up, I thought…”Oh I should have told them it was BOTH!” Oh well. They were very attentive to us. Everyone that came to our table asked how “The Howery’s” were doing. We were given glasses of champagne at the beginning of our meal and chocolate covered strawberries at the end of our meal. I also got a rose. I saw someone get a piece of cake, so it must have been his birthday. I doubt they would have given us both!! We did tell them it was my birthday too, but I guess they only let you celebrate one thing at a time! It was a very nice evening. For my birthday, we went to the beach after church. We met some friends of ours and grilled burgers and hot dogs while the kids played in tide pools. It was a very relaxing afternoon. I told Jenna and AJ that all I wanted for my birthday was for them to complete the “job lists” that I gave both of them. They both did pretty good getting everything done. What a great gift! We both worked and I ended up being on call and worked until 7pm on our actual anniversary, so I’m glad that we celebrated the weeks before! We’ve been married 13 years for those of you who can’t remember. It’s gone by fast; it’s been trying at times; but overall, it’s been great!!!
Thank you everyone for all the cards, calls, and emails. You are all so loving! I appreciate everything very much! That’s all for now…until next time…aloha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always think a birthday, etc should last a week so you did well. Congratulations on both occasions! Will see you soon - Love from the marsh